The industrial cookies are usually a product rich in simple sugars and fats saturated, two ingredients that help enhance the flavor of food and also improve their conversation. For this reason, they are two ingredients that are very present in the vast majority of processed foods. The excess consumption of sugar is directly related to the appearance of cardiovascular diseases (overweight, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol …) for which the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends a reduced intake of free sugars throughout throughout life, both in adults and children. That is why recently we wanted to dedicate some videos to sweet but healthy breakfasts. In this video, in addition to talking about the importance of avoiding an excess of sugar and unhealthy fats in breakfast, we prepare some healthy and delicious cookies, suitable for both children and people who are on a diet and want to have a sweet breakfast , because These cookies will also be very satisfying.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Ingredients
- 40g oat flakes (You can add more until it becomes a more compact mixture)
- 1 ripe banana
- 50g chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread (or raw hazelnuts to mash)
- 2 small dessert spoons of pure defatted cocoa (no sugar added)
- 1 handful of raw hazelnuts
- Cinnamon to taste
- Grated coconut to taste
Preparing healthy cookies with oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 170º for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients and blend until you get a homogeneous dough.
- To add more sweetness in a natural way you can add a vegetable drink (almonds, rice, oats …) or you can add 2-3 dates or add a few drops of liquid saccharin or stevia.
- Put the greaseproof paper on a flat surface, such as the counter, table, or a cookie sheet.
- With the help of a spoon, take portions of the dough and make small balls.
- Arrange the balls on the baking paper.
- With the help of your hands or a fork, flatten the dough into a cookie shape.
- Add 1 piece of hazelnut to each unit.
- Put the cookies in the oven at 150º for at least 15-20 minutes, although this time can vary greatly depending on the oven, so don’t take your eyes off your cookies while they are cooking. Flip the cookies so they are crisp on both sides.
Tips to personalize and vary your cookies
- There are infinite combinations depending on the type of food you decide to put. Encourage yourself to experiment with incorporating new ingredients in each batch!
- The cereal base can be varied with whole wheat flour, oatmeal or buckwheat (rich in vegetable protein, complex hydrates, healthy fat and a lot of fiber; it enhances its satiating power) or other types of flours such as carob, with a flavor similar to cocoa , or chickpea flour.
- To provide more sweetness in a natural way, you can take advantage of ripe fruit that you have at home (pear, banana, apple …) add a vegetable drink (almonds, rice, oats …) that are sweeter , 2-3 dates or add a few drops of liquid saccharin or stevia.
- They can also be personalized by adding cream or raw nuts as toppings or crushed.