Do you want to know how to make homemade oatmeal pancakes ? In this article we share a recipe for healthy pancakes or pancakes , also called pancakes or pancakes . You can also watch the video in which the dieticians-nutritionists of Alimmenta Adriana Oroz and Sara Martínez teach you how to prepare them. They can be served for breakfast or a snack and can be accompanied with salty or sweet foods.
Why opt for homemade pancakes or pancakes?
With this homemade breakfast option you will break away from monotonous breakfasts avoiding industrial pastries. In most breakfasts there is an excess of sugar and fat, two “enemies” to avoid in a series of articles and videos that will offer you delicious and healthy breakfasts. Sounds good? In a previous article we talked about how to prepare healthy cookies with oatmeal and in this article we want to share a simple and very rich recipe.
Ingredients for about 10 pancakes
- 2 cups of flakes or oatmeal (approx. 230g)
- 2 glasses of water (for light pancakes) or 2 glasses of milk or vegetable drink (to give them more nutritional value)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 banana
- Optional: you can add 1c / dessert of panela or cinnamon to the mixture.
Preparation of your pancakes or oatmeal pancakes
- Add the oat flakes, the water, the banana, the egg and if you want panela or cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
- Put the pan to heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add the mixture little by little. The more mix you add, the bigger the pancake will be.
- Flip your pancake or pancake when you see it darken around the ends.
- Repeat the process for each pancake.
Depending on how you prepare and present your pancakes, they can be perfect for preparing a breakfast for children or for athletes. On the other hand, if we reduce their fat content, they can be used for weight loss diets. Here are the ingredients for the plates in the video:
Presentation of the homemade pancakes
Sweet pancake or pancake
- Natural yogurt 00
- Hazelnut cream
Salty pancake or pancake
How to customize healthy pancakes or pancakes
- Change the flour: You can customize them with the flour that we like, be it oatmeal, spelled, whole or normal, or any other cereal. If you make the dough for the pancakes with whole wheat flour, it will provide more fiber so it will satisfy us a little more than if the flour is normal. If you are gluten intolerant, you can prepare your pancakes with cereals that do not contain gluten, such as buckwheat.
- Change the drink in the recipe: As for how to dilute the dough, you can use an infinite number of options: water, so that they are less caloric. Skimmed milk, if you want to give them a little more body but remain light. With whole milk, they will be more energetic and suitable for the little ones. If you are intolerant to milk, you can prepare them with any vegetable drink.
- The “sweet touch” does not always have to be the same: You can choose bananas, dates, raisins, vanilla essence or cinnamon.
- Add your favorite toppings: You can sprinkle 0% cocoa on top, fruit pieces, homemade jam or unsweetened nut cream.