If you have considered trying hot wax hair removal but can’t decide, here you will find all the information you need to answer your questions. Take aim!
- What is hot wax?
- Step-by-step hot waxing at home
- Before waxing:
- During waxing:
- Tips for caring for your skin after waxing:
- Tricks to improve hair removal with hot wax
- Advantages and disadvantages of waxing
The waxing hot is undoubtedly one of the most widely used methods of hair removal. Not because it is the best, but because it is the most traditional and the result is practically perfect. It is usually done in a beauty salon, although there are also brands that sell warm wax appliances to use at home. We tell you everything you need to know about it.https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core/bridge3.447.1_es.html#goog_2064955895Volume 0%00:0300:55 Video by Enfemenino Writing
What is hot wax?
The hot wax is melted resin which imprisons the hair, whether short, thin, long or abundant and uproots. The hot wax is presented in small resin balls that must be melted. It is applied to the skin with the help of a wooden spatula or with a roll-on that pours a dose of wax. Once dry, it is pulled off with a strong pull. Hot wax is the most effective, because the heat opens the pores of the skin and the hair comes out more easily .
Despite the fact that since the advent of laser hair removal it has no longer enjoyed the same popularity, waxing is still a highly demanded option by people who cannot expose their skin to laser, such as men and women with tattoos on legs and thighs.Discover: Get inspired! 50 thigh tattoos for women
Step-by-step hot waxing at home
Whether on the legs, groin or armpits , for waxing to be more effective, it is highly recommended to follow certain steps. When you are used to it, you will do it directly and you will master the technique perfectly, but it does not hurt to remember them if you have never waxed at home. Consult this little guide whenever you need it.
1. One or two days before waxing, exfoliate your skin : with this you will get the hair to start from the follicle and prevent the formation of ingrown hairs and pimples. Of course, it is important that you do not do it the same day as the waxing, since the skin could be very sensitive and damaged by the wax.
2. Apply a non-greasy, water-based moisturizer a few hours before waxing: this way the hair will come out more easily. Prevents fat creams because they may hinder waxing. 3. Do not sunbathe two days before waxing : the sun makes the skin much more sensitive and irritated, so the hot wax can damage it. 4. Find an old towel or cloth
that you no longer use to place it in the place where you are going to wax. This will prevent possible wax stains that may occur during waxing.
1. Heat the wax in an old saucepan or in a specific wax appliance equipped with a thermostat that keeps it at a suitable temperature.
2. Check the temperature of the wax on the back of the hand before applying it to the rest of the skin.
3. To wax your legs, apply the wax with a spatula in the shape of a band (about 5 cm long and 1 cm thick). Start at the knee and work your way down to the ankle in a single gesture.
4. Squeeze lightly with the spatula and wait for the wax to not stick before tearing the band off with a dry jerk.
5. Let the skin cool down before applying wax to go over the area for a perfect result.
6. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the leg.
Tips for caring for your skin after waxing:
To take care of your skin, it is also very important to follow some steps when you have finished waxing:
1. Moisturize the skin and apply a soothing product , such as aloe vera, so that the area recovers much better after waxing. This step is especially important in the skin of delicate parts of the body such as the English.
2. Do not sunbathe in the following hours : again, the sun can irritate the area and impair the recovery of the skin after waxing.
Tricks to improve hair removal with hot wax
- If you pluck the wax in the opposite direction that the hair grows (from ankle to knee), waxing will be more effective but it would cut off hair growth: you run the risk of encysting and forming small pimples. Therefore, it is better to pull the band in the same direction as the hair even though, to obtain an optimal result, we have to go over the area several times.
- Wait for the hair to measure about 5mm on the legs and 6mm on the groin before waxing.
- To depilate the groin, first cut the longest hair with scissors and exfoliate the area several days before waxing, to prevent the hair from becoming encrusted.
- To wax at home there are many special products to use at home, so it is not necessary to go to a beauty center if you do not want to. There are waxes for heating in the microwave that come with cloth bands; or electrically heated roll-on appliances that have a thermostat that keeps the wax at a constant temperature. You just have to choose the one you like the most!
- If the waxing is carried out in a beauty center, check that the wax is for single use , to avoid any type of skin infection.
Advantages and disadvantages of waxing
It is very likely that you have considered several hair removal methods before getting here, so we want to end with a review on the advantages and disadvantages of hot waxing. So you can assess more objectively if this technique is suitable for you or not. Advantages of waxing:
- The hair takes about four weeks to come out, so it is a fairly long-lasting hair removal.
- The hair grows finer, so the next few times it will be much easier to pull it out.
- The duration of epilation increases after several epilations.
- The skin is much smoother than with other hair removal methods such as razors or depilatory creams.
Disadvantages of waxing:
- It is a painful hair removal, although it is true that this sensation decreases with the passage of waxing because the hair is less and less strong.
- It is necessary to wait for the hair to grow 5mm for waxing to be effective.
How about? In case this method does not convince you, do not worry, you already know that there are many options: razor, cold wax, depilatory gels or creams, laser … Surely some of them is the most suitable for you.
If, on the other hand, you think that this is the perfect hair removal technique for you, we recommend that you take into account all the steps that we have mentioned. If you follow these tips and are consistent, you are sure to achieve perfect waxing and, as a consequence, stunning skin.