Salicylic acid is one of the most common ingredients in cosmetics. It can be of synthetic or natural origin. This colorless crystal is found in many plants, especially willow bark. We tell you what all its properties are.
- What are its uses in cosmetics?
- What are the properties of salicylic acid?
- What are the side effects of salicylic acid?
- In what products can we find salicylic acid?
What are its uses in cosmetics?
The salicylic acid is mainly used in skin care and hair. We can find it in the composition of lotions, day and night creams, cleansers, serums, facial peels, body care, shampoos …
You can find it in a greater or lesser concentration, and depending on this it will have a greater or lesser effectiveness. It has the ability to penetrate the follicle, removing dead skin cells from inside it and helping to keep the pores free of bacteria.
What are the properties of salicylic acid?
TREATMENTS FOR IMPERFECTED SKIN:
Salicylic acid is the ideal ingredient for oily skin prone to acne . It acts on the sebaceous glands to reduce the proliferation of bacteria involved in the development of pimples : pimples, blackheads, enlarged pores … Integrated in a treatment lotion, it purifies the skin and leaves it healthy and fresh. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties make it well tolerated by all skin types.
It is used to treat oily hair or dandruff , since salicylic acid cleanses the scalp. Facilitates styling and leaves hair soft and shiny.
What are the side effects of salicylic acid?
The salicylic acid is very well tolerated by all skin types. However, it can cause skin reactions under the effects of UV rays . Therefore, it is preferable to reserve these products for the nighttime beauty routine. If you use it during the day, to avoid any reaction, always apply sun protection factor .
When used for the first time, it can cause tingling, redness, or produce some discomfort, leading to peeling of the skin . In this case, the frequency of use of the product should be reduced and, if necessary, professional advice should be sought .
In what products can we find salicylic acid?
- La Cabine – Anti-blemish ampoules: with salicylic acid, alatonin and buchu, these ampoules remove impurities and dirt from the skin to detoxify even the most oily skin and mattify the face. You can find it on Amazon for € 15.23 .
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear – Facial skin cleanser: its formula based on salicylic acid reduces acne and prevents the appearance of new breakouts. It is a cleanser for daily use that will visibly improve the appearance of very oily or acne-prone skin. You can buy it on Amazon for € 13.20 .
- Clinique – Purifying Moisturizing SOS 3-Step Basic Formula : This cleanser combines the action of salicylic acid with natural ingredients such as witch hazel, camellia or caffeine. The result is a product with light molecules that penetrate the skin, removing dirt, purifying pores and reducing blemishes. You can find it at Sephora for € 29.95 .
- INTERGÉN – Anti-seborrheic shampoo : with salicylic acid and sabal, this shampoo is perfect for keeping oily hair clean for longer. Reduces the itchiness caused by excess fat and prevents fat from affecting the health of your hair root. You can find it on Amazon for € 15.23 .